Monday, April 6, 2015

Epic Running Year

hey remember when I said I was going to try and make this thing regular again...I might actually stick to it...LOL

I have dubbed this my Epic Running Year as I have big plans for 2015 and early 2016, I started off by running the Hot Chocolate 15k in January and followed that up with The Publix Georgia Half Marathon in March (which you read all about here) so what do I have planned for the rest of year... quite a bit actually here's a rundown:



April 18th: The Georgia Peach Jam Half Marathon, I'm excited about this race as its a small field (only 500 runners) and its on the Forsyth County section of the Big Creek Greenway, I love running the Alpharetta section and am excited to run a different part, the course should also be super flat and fast.


May 2nd: The Fiesta 15k, last year on my birthday weekend I ran a 5k this year I'm stepping it up a notch and going 15, this race also goes toward a great cause, ALS research, while I don't know anyone personally struggling with the disease I think we all know the terrible effects it can have so im happy to help by doing something so simple as running 9.3 miles.

 



June 14th: Why run just local races when your wife suggest you go to Cedar Point to run? Yup this will be my first Run-cation as we head to Sandusky, Ohio for the Run and Ride Half Marathon. I think this race will be an awesome experience and A nice tune up for what I have planned in January (more on that later) we will also be able to visit some family in Ohio which makes it more cost effective rather than doing it all just to run a race.

 

July 4th: This one is a bucket list item, living in Georgia you almost have to run The Peachtree Road Race at least once. Normally you have to go through a lottery to get in but thanks to my awesome employer I got guaranteed entry so this is the year me and 60,000 of my closest friends tackle the streets of downtown Atlanta for the worlds largest 10k.

 
 

August 22nd: This is a special one, on November 8th I completed my first half marathon at the Area 13.1, so of course I have to do it again. I loved this race last year and they have looked to improve the course and they have epic glow in the dark medals (its a night race) how can you go wrong?



September 5th: The Tortoise and Hare Half Marathon, This should be another fun race not only will it be my first trail Half Marathon but it has a fun theme as the slower runners (the tortoise's) start first and the faster runners (the hares) start later with everyone looking to finish around the same time. the winners are still determined by the fastest time completing the course but this brings everyone into the finish in a smaller window so everyone gets the same huge finish support.




October 3rd: Part two of my ATL Challenge (part one was the Publix half) the Michelob Ultra 13.1. The ATL Challenge is for anyone who completes both races and as a sucker for bling I couldn't pass up this opportunity. Also the medal for the Michelob doubles as a bottle opener...obviously everyone needs that.


November 7th: The Volition America Half Marathon, I'm a firm believer in giving back to those that fight for us to be free so when I  found this race I knew I wanted to run it as it supports Folds of Honor. Running is easy, what our soldiers do for our country is much harder and we should all do anything we can to give back to them.

 
 
 
I don't have a race picked out for December yet but im sure I will find something I may keep it as simple as a 5k as Ill be wrapping up training for the big event of the year which will actually take place the first week of January. Some of you may know this already but for those that don't I have taken the plunge to Full Marathon and I will be doing it at Disney World for the WDW Marathon 2016. That's right this crazy guy that was sitting on his couch doing nothing roughly 2.5 years ago is going to run 26.2 miles!!! I am beyond excited to tackle this new challenge and will try to update this blog with all the ups and downs as training really begins, I hope you will come along for the ride....
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, if you were as consistent at blogging as you were running you'd have a wildly successful blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! thanks Ryan Im working on being more consistent especially if it actually seems like people are reading and enjoying it

      Delete