Sunday, July 27, 2014

Running With Friends (Not Scissors)

So this is one of those posts that I had started awhile back but decided i didn't like how that one was shaping up so I scraped it and finally decided to give it another crack so here goes...

So running for me is almost always a solo activity, my schedule makes it tough to join any kind of regular running group or even schedule regular runs. However I have had the opportunity to run a couple races and even get in some training runs with various friends and I must say there is nothing better than sharing the joy of running with others. Whether its getting someone started by helping them on their first couch to 5k run, or pushing someone to PR the 5k you are doing together, watching and pushing others to succeed is an amazing feeling. Even virtual support can make a huge difference while you may not be able to go on every run with someone even just commenting on someones facebook post about their last run can make a difference. So my advice to all my fellow runners out there is don't forget to share the joy and pass it on. You never know when you might be someones inspiration to help get them out the door and on the the run!

along that same line is the fact that I enjoy sharing my workouts via social media and I encourage all my running buddies to do the same. I have had a number of people tell me that seeing what I have been able to accomplish has encouraged them to get into a healthier routine, I cant stress what an amazing feeling that is. I stated way back in my first post that if I could get off my butt and do this than just about anybody could and its amazing to see the trickle down effect of that attitude. It doesn't have to be just running either, any kind of workout is a good one so if you happen to be reading this and not be in any kind of exercise routine go out there and find something you love doing and make it a habit, You will be amazed at what it can do for your well being and overall attitude towards life. I leave you with my ultimate running advice:




No comments:

Post a Comment